I kinda went awol from the blogging world for awhile… life kinda got a bit crazy and to be honest blogging and blogs started to annoy me. Everyone seems to have the most perfect lives on their blog. It started to irritate me and I didn;t feel like writing about how disasterous my life is and I didn;t feel like lying about how perfect it is.
Things have been pretty hard going lately- my apartment is FALLING APART. To the point of where I have been living rent free for 2 months now. Sounds good right?? I’d rather pay rent and not live in mould and damp and paint flaking off the ceiling. It sounds like I am over exaggerating… if only I was. every night I dust off my bed from the paint. I can’t leave food unattended in the kitchen because paint falls from the ceiling into it. I cant drink tea in bed unless I want paint floaties…
ANNNNYYYWAYYYs. enough complaining.
I did a really fun workout the other day. I wanted something not too intense but that would still challenge me.
As always I started off with a dynamic warmup
Part 1: Glute activation- supermans and bridges
part 2: a circuit repeated 3 times
– opposite hand to opposite toe touch. start off making a table top with your tummy facing up, then lift up one leg and reach with the opposite arm to touch your toes and switch sides x 20 reps
– sliding ab tucks x 12 reps ( pushup position, feet on a towel and slide your feet in towards your body)
– spiderman pushups x 12 reps
– renegade row x 12 reps ( i used two 10kg dumbells)
– stand kneel stand -left x 12 reps ( holding 6kg med ball)
-stand kneel stand- right x 12 reps ( holding 6kg med ball)
* at this point in my workout two guys told me I was like GI Jane and that they are always embarassed to workout next to me because I’m showing them up. HA. I’ll take that as a compliment.
Part 4: I set my gymboss for 10 rounds of 30 seconds work 10 seconds rest
I alternated between:
– mountain climbers
– walkout pushups ( start stand… bend forward and walk your hands out into a pushup, do a pushup and walk your hands back to the forward bend position and stand up and repeat!)
Part 5: circuit x 3 rounds
– Floor wipers 16 reps
– weighted glute bridges 12 reps
– santana pushups 16 reps
DONE- I finished off with some hip flexor stretches and olympic bar rolling– foam rolling is old news! MWOD.com boys and girls… DO IT!
half a kilo of ground turkey
1 grated carrot
1 grated zucchini
half a red pepper chopped
1/4 yellow pepper chopped
1 green chilli chopped
some grated ginger
a sprinkle of sweet paprika
a sprinkle of cumin
a bit of oregano
1tbsp dijon mustard
squeeze of lemon juice and some grated zest.
I greased a baking tray with some coconut oil and baked the meatballs until done! They look slightly burnt int this photo but they weren’t.. they were SUPER DELICIOUS.
I also made the world’s greatest meatballs ever… recipe coming soon!