I wanted to write a little bit about my training today. I’ve said in the past (many times) how I am a fan of changing up workouts. I generally like to work in 3 month blocks and do each month a different style of working out and within that month and that style- still mix it up and make sure I do something different every time.
Due to the fact that I was off training for so long… and even a week before then my workouts were suffering a little bit: I’ve decided to go back to basics and for a month do some bodybuilding style workouts. I’m going to stick with the same routines for each muscle group and just do them for a month. ( well.. i say that now. thats my AIM- I might get bored and restless… who knows?!)
* to try build a little bit more muscle
* CHANGE- obvioulsy!!! I haven’t trained like in YEARS
* Although it will still be hard work on my muscles… I think having a set routine with set exercies and reps ( althoug this may vary depending on how I feel on a particular day- always listen to your body!) will be a good way to ease my way back into training without going all out.
Yesterday I trained glutes and hamstrings. I came across this article ( try not to get put off by all the explicit photos!) awhile back and it really changed my views on glute training.
The workout: warm up and glute activation exercises
* mountain climbers with my hands on an upside down bosu ball 50 reps x 3
* weighted burpees ( 1o reps) supersetted with 45lb kettlebell swing (15 reps) x3
* Hip thrust – bodyweight x 20 reps, 3 sets
* weighted glute bridge x 10-12 reps x 3 sets
* single leg deadlift (11kg) x 12 reps x 3 sets
abs- floor wipers x 3 sets
Result… Hammies and Butt on FIRE- can;t move this morning.
RECOVERY MEAL NEEDED!!!!!!!!!
If anyone could tell me how to spell mollasas that would be greatly appreciated.
I’ll be posting the rest of my workouts soon 🙂