But what is it?
Eating clean is essentially eating whole, natural foods that man did NOT make! Clean foods include:
Basically if it is processed- don’t eat it!
If you are eating clean: which a fit and healthy lifestyle kinda requires…. then you should be:
- eating breakfast everyday!
- making sure to eat lean proteins and veggies in most of your meals
- complex carbs in 4-6 of them
- eating every 2-3 hours
- eating 5-6 meals per day
- drinking lots and lots and lots of water
- limiting alchohol
- limiting refined sugars and processed junk
- aiming to eat home-cooked meals
- organising your food for the day so fast food for lunch doesn;t tempt you!
Its not as hard as it may sound. And of course… it doens;t mean that you need to be obsessive and NEVER eat a yummy piece of cake or whatever it is you like…. (rusks… mmmm yum) ever again. The key is MODERATION. Maybe once a week/ once every two weeks…once a month if you have some hardcore fitness goals.
You will feel so much better for fueling your body the way nature intended.
This was my pre-workout snack for today- I had been dreaming about it all day while I was at work: 2 rice cakes, 1/2 mashed banana and 1tbsp Natural Peanut- butter. YUMMYYY
Below was a mid-morning snack: Chicken and salad
Below is an example of my lunch yesterday:
salad with 1/4 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup of chickpeas with zuchinni 2 scrambled 2eggs whites.
As you can see I am in the middle of exams… that is why all my food shots are next to the computer! That is probably not the best place to eat. But thats how it is for now….